Thursday 12 April 2012

Day 56 - But it was only two days ...

Saturday night was a pretty good night.  I've been preparing for the Sun Run that's coming up here in a couple of days.  Saturday I wanted to try and extend the distances I'd been going so that the 10k wouldn't be too much of a shock.  I managed 7k in about an hour.  Not too shabby.  Then I kinda let the wheels fall off the bus a little bit.   First, because I was so happy with my efforts on Saturday, and the fact that Sunday and Monday were going to be pretty busy days with Eastery stuff to do, I decided to give myself a couple of days off Cardio.  The only problem with this is that, because it was a long weekend, my Gym's hours were all wonky and as it turned out I couldn't manage to find a time to get in when it was open.  As a result I didn't really do a whole heck of a lot in terms of exercise from Saturday Evening thru to Tuesday Night's walk.  Now this may not have been so bad, but in the chaos of Easter Egg hunts I made a real booboo.  I forgot my enzymes with my morning Shake on Sunday which then led to two or three days of my Intestinal Tract being completely turned upside down.  Needless to say, when I went to go and do my Cardio on Tuesday evening after week ... I got my butt absolutely handed to me.  I was winded within a block, hacking up a storm and had zero energy because my stomach had been so upset in the previous few days.
It's really amazing how quickly things can slide, even when you've been on a great roll.  But then that's kinda the point of this blog.  To keep myself accountable, to document and celebrate the things I'm doing well AND show when I screw up too.  I let my foot off the gas for a few days, now it's time to hit that accelerator again. I only have 5 days left before my surgery, when i won't be able to exercise even when I want to.  I've got to try and do as much as can in the meantime.  Anyways, next update will be following my 10k, My target time I'm aiming for is to finish in under 1 hr 30 min.  Here's hoping, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment