Thursday 16 February 2012

Day 0 - It's time to start

Ok, so, here goes.  I’ve decided that today will be ground zero.   Last December I let my PFTs drop to 48%.  This just 5 months after last being on IV antibiotics.  Now some people will look at this and say, that’s really not that bad.  Even at my worst that wouldn’t even qualify me onto the list for transplant.  Others would point out that I’ve had a pretty remarkable and magical year and so it’s understandable if I’ve been distracted and things have slipped a bit.  Any slip could even be somewhat attributed to  yet another Hernia (that’s number 7 for those of you keeping score at home, I may have seen this surgery enough times that I can do it from home next time).  All of these are true.  Truth is, as often as other people have told these things to me, I’ve told myself all these things as well.   So now it’s time to do something about it.

The last few weeks I’ve been laying the ground work to try and start approaching my health head on.  Doing everything I can to make my health as good as I can.  This means no more shortcuts.  Lord knows I’ve got a few pretty good reasons to put the effort in.

In the next few days I'll be posting on just what things I haven't been doing and what I'm planning to do about it.  Hopefully by showing my own little foibles some others out there may see some similarities and be inspired to make some changes themselves.

Now, onto the blog, the purpose for the blog is that it’s going to be something that:
1)     1)  Allows me to track my progress from this point on to see just were my health can be if I do all the things I that will help it.
2)      2) Allows others with CF to see what I’m trying to do and how I manage to deal with the obstacles that came my way in trying to accomplish this (and hey any pointers along the way will always be appreciated).
3)      3) Finally to try to provide an example of what can be accomplished with CF regardless of what supposed limitations are said to exist.

This first post has been kind of serious in tone and that really isn’t my intention for my blog.  As a result, there is no better way to end this then the following …

3 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I'll be here every step of the way cheering you on my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I'm all about sharing the journey to taking charge of your health! It keeps you accountable. That's one of the reasons I do it! :)

    ReplyDelete