Friday 24 February 2012

Day 8 - Weigh-in day

Just a short update today.  I was talking to my wife yesterday about how today was weigh-in day and both of us were struck by the same mental picture.  We just couldn't help seeing me as one the people on biggest loser every time I step up to the scale, but unlike them I hope the number goes up, not down.  Now, I've been working bloody hard the past week on both weight and exercise.  That being said, it's nice to see some sort of tangible result.  Now with exercise it's hard to have tangible results, other than feeling better each time you do it and pushing yourself to do a little bit more.  Usually it's only after extended period of consistent exercise that you can look back and realize how far you've come.  With weight, it's a lot easier to track progress in the short term, either I gained weight in the last seven days, or I didn't.    Now it should have gone up since I've been averaging over 5000 calories, but when fighting an infection that burns through the calories I eat, you just never know.
For those curious my exercise is also going really well, I took yesterday off and I just felt weird. Back at it today though with another half-hour bike ride and got the lungs going really well. Also did a second trip to the gym.
Later this weekend I'm going to do a big update on the pros and cons of getting a IVAD port or sticking with PICC lines.  It will be a bit long winded but, hopefully helpful for any other CFer's trying to make the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment