Tuesday 21 February 2012

Day 5 - Curious Todd Goes to the Gym

So it's been a while since I graced a gym with my presence.  I did the actual figuring and I think it's been about three years since I last lifted a weight in anger and at least seven years since I was working out with any real regularity.  Now in that time a couple things seem to have changed that I feel some one should have told me about.  It is clear that one of two things has happened, either:

a) They have made some changes to the metric system
or
2) They developed some sort of gravity enhancement machine that increases the force of gravity in the gym

These are clearly the only two possible explanations.  All kidding aside, it felt great to be back in the gym.  Really for anybody who hasn't been for a long time and are worried about trying to get back into it, as cliche as it sounds, it's just like riding a bike.  I only did a basic workout, Bench Press, Lat Pull-Downs, Shoulder Press, Bicep Curls, Tricep Pull-downs and Squats and I kept the weights low in order to avoid looking like this guy:

Normally I'd have done sit-ups of some kind, but since I'm still waiting on my surgery date for my hernia repair, I figured that may be a bad idea.  The bike cardio is also going well, I managed 30 minutes a day for the past 3 days.

Thanks again to everybody who's been sending positive thoughts my way, it's really helping to inspire me to keep pushing.  Also, if anybody has suggestions or topics that they'd like me to address feel free to let me know.

Pet Peeve of the day - Anyone who knows me, knows I sometimes tend to move, well ... quickly and maybe a little bit clumsy.  Add in tubes, and well, I think you can see where this is going. Luckily I tend to double bandage my injection site give myself a little more leeway, but I'm getting so tired of catching my damn lines on every little thing.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice my man! The gym is where great stuff happens :)

    ReplyDelete